311 Non-Emergency Government Report Line

In May of 2010, the Mississippi Public Service Commission approved Oktibbeha County and the City of Starkville for use of 311, the Non-Emergency Government Report Line.

What Is 311?

311 is an access number that allows people in Starkville, MS, and most of Oktibbeha County to request non-emergency assistance with city services. Because it is easy to use and easy to remember, 311 can help improve service delivery to residents, workers, and visitors in Oktibbeha County.

When Should I Call 311?

You should call 311 to request city services and information. Examples of typical 311 calls include:

  • Animal control problems
  • Potholes
  • Trash pickup problems
  • Tree in the road
  • Water line breakage
  • Illegally parked vehicles or vehicles blocking driveways

Who Answers 311 Calls?

The 311 calls will go through Oktibbeha County's central communications facility, which also houses the emergency 911 service.