Who can vote?
  • A resident of Mississippi, except persons judicially declared incompetent, who is at least 18 years old (or will be by date of election).
  • A resident of the state, county, and supervisor's district for 30 days.
  • Has never been convicted of any crime listed in Section 241 of the Mississippi constitution. See Disqualifying Crimes.
  • Once you are registered, you generally remain registered indefinitely, unless you move or no longer meet one of the qualifications to vote.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Privilege License?
2. What is CodeRED and what is it used for?
3. Where do I need to report damage after severe weather or disaster?
4. How far will the county go up my drive when gravelling the entrance of my drive?
5. How do I go about getting an address for my new residence?
6. How do I get a culvert for the entrance of my drive?
7. How can I join the Fire Department?
8. Why does the Fire Department come when I call for an Ambulance?
9. What kind of training is provided to Oktibbeha County Fire Fighters?
10. What are Oktibbeha County Fire Fighters paid?
11. What are the requirements to join an Oktibbeha County Fire District?
12. Where can I find more information about the Justice Court?
13. What do I need to apply for a passport?
14. Where do I make restitution payments?
15. Where do I pay a ticket?
16. What do I need to have to apply for a marriage license?
17. When should I call 311?
18. Where do I register to vote?
19. When are elections held?
20. Who can vote?
21. How old do you have to be for jury duty?
22. How old can you be to register to vote?
23. How do I pay or contest a traffic ticket?
24. Where do I get a marriage license?
25. Where do I get a car tag?
26. Where can I find out about property taxes?
27. How much is sales tax?
28. Where do I get a hunting, fishing or boating license?
29. How do I obtain a copy of my DD-214 Discharge Certificate?
30. When and where does the Board of Supervisors hold its meetings?
31. Where can the Board of Supervisors’ minutes be found?
32. How do I dispose of old appliances, old furniture, and/or batteries?
33. How do I report road hazards or repair?
34. Where do I get information regarding properties sold at the tax sale, maturing tax sale properties, etc.?
35. What does the Chancery Clerk's Office accept in payment of recording fees?
36. When will the document that I filed with the Chancery Clerk be recorded?
37. What are the requirements that must be met for a document to be recorded?
38. How do I obtain copies of records filed with the Chancery Clerk?
39. How far back do the records of the Chancery Clerk's Office date?
40. Are land records open to the public?
41. What are land records?
42. Where do I pay my delinquent taxes?
43. How do I get a copy of my divorce record?
44. How do I file a civil suit?
45. How do I get help for my child who has a drug or alcohol problem?
46. How do I get help for my child whose behavior is defiant and/or uncontrollable?