How do I get help for my child whose behavior is defiant and/or uncontrollable?

The Oktibbeha County Youth Court functions to assist families who have children with conduct issues that are disruptive to the home, school, or community. In some cases, the Oktibbeha County Office of Youth Services can offer informal counseling to the child and family. In other cases, it may be necessary to refer the family for psychiatric or psychological intervention. There will be instances when the Youth Court will bring the child into court for adjudication and probation. For further information, contact the Mississippi Department of Human Services - Division of Youth Services at 662-323-8654 or the Oktibbeha County Chancery Clerk's Office. If your child is between the ages of 10 and 17, you may contact these offices for assistance:

  • Mississippi Department of Human Services - Division of Youth Services
    City Hall Building 1
    01 Lampkin Street
    Starkville, MS 39759
  • Oktibbeha County Youth Court
    Oktibbeha County Courthouse
    101 East Main Street
    Starkville, MS 39759
    Phone: 662-323-5834
  • Oktibbeha County Youth Court Defender Cecelia Cook 662-324-0219

Show All Answers

1. What is a Privilege License?
2. What is CodeRED and what is it used for?
3. Where do I need to report damage after severe weather or disaster?
4. How far will the county go up my drive when gravelling the entrance of my drive?
5. How do I go about getting an address for my new residence?
6. How do I get a culvert for the entrance of my drive?
7. How can I join the Fire Department?
8. Why does the Fire Department come when I call for an Ambulance?
9. What kind of training is provided to Oktibbeha County Fire Fighters?
10. What are Oktibbeha County Fire Fighters paid?
11. What are the requirements to join an Oktibbeha County Fire District?
12. Where can I find more information about the Justice Court?
13. What do I need to apply for a passport?
14. Where do I make restitution payments?
15. Where do I pay a ticket?
16. What do I need to have to apply for a marriage license?
17. When should I call 311?
18. Where do I register to vote?
19. When are elections held?
20. Who can vote?
21. How old do you have to be for jury duty?
22. How old can you be to register to vote?
23. How do I pay or contest a traffic ticket?
24. Where do I get a marriage license?
25. Where do I get a car tag?
26. Where can I find out about property taxes?
27. How much is sales tax?
28. Where do I get a hunting, fishing or boating license?
29. How do I obtain a copy of my DD-214 Discharge Certificate?
30. When and where does the Board of Supervisors hold its meetings?
31. Where can the Board of Supervisors’ minutes be found?
32. How do I dispose of old appliances, old furniture, and/or batteries?
33. How do I report road hazards or repair?
34. Where do I get information regarding properties sold at the tax sale, maturing tax sale properties, etc.?
35. What does the Chancery Clerk's Office accept in payment of recording fees?
36. When will the document that I filed with the Chancery Clerk be recorded?
37. What are the requirements that must be met for a document to be recorded?
38. How do I obtain copies of records filed with the Chancery Clerk?
39. How far back do the records of the Chancery Clerk's Office date?
40. Are land records open to the public?
41. What are land records?
42. Where do I pay my delinquent taxes?
43. How do I get a copy of my divorce record?
44. How do I file a civil suit?
45. How do I get help for my child who has a drug or alcohol problem?
46. How do I get help for my child whose behavior is defiant and/or uncontrollable?